Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Changes in direction

First up I've handed in my notice at work, mainly due to health reasons - 10 years of bending over handsewing has taken its toll on my neck and I need to strengthen it so the chiropractor's work doesn't get stuffed each time he does it by my work.  It also means I'll be able to focus on family, health, and house until I have my operation, at which point I'll be able to focus on healing instead.


Knowing I'll have surgery during warmer weather I thought about what I had to wear and came up with zilch.   There is nothing that isn't fitting in some way, and all my bottom half stuff has waistbands.  I checked my dress patterns and they're all fitted too!   This required an online look for patterns that would fit the bill and I've got 2 that I've paid for and printed off.

I'll be making these for
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side


On the left we have the Ruby Dress and Top pattern which I'll be making from the butterfly fabric (there's another fabric below that, same print, cream background which I'll use for the contrast)
On the right is the Rose T-Shirt and Dress for which I'm using the royal blue knit and may use either a cream or red contrast to go with it.
If I like them I may make more, but for a start this'll do the job and is a change of direction in more than one way.  I don't normally sew stuff that's not fitted and also it's been a while since I've sewn everyday wear rather than historical outfits.  Also normally I'd think about stash and then go out and buy something, with giving up work that's also not an option.

On the knitting front I've poked a hole in my finger, but despite that have got to the waist on my Strokkur and am really looking forward to being able to wear it. 
And there is yarn on the way to knit a shrug to go with my summer dresses, the final purchase for some time and only because I didn't have enough black to do anything larger than socks.
I'm planning on making a Dew Point and the yarn I'm using is some Outlaw Yarns Bohemia Sport

1 comments:

kathy b said... Best Blogger Tips

I end up poking holes in my fingers with some projects that I knit too!

Blog Archive