Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 08, 2015

18th century cap?

I ran this up in 10 minutes this morning from stash to go over my somewhat messy 18th century hairstyle for Armageddon Christchurch 2015.

The Challenge:  3 - Stashbusting

Fabric:  

Silk organza, linen lace

Stashed for?: 

The organza was bought in 2014 for underlining, the linen lace was bought in 2013 from a destash sale from the Embroiderers Guild if I remember correctly



Pattern:

None, I just cut out a circle, added the lace and then applied a drawing thread with zig zag.

Year:

1775 simply because the rest of the outfit is

Notions:

various threads

How historically accurate is it?

probably not at all, but I needed something to go on my hair for Armageddon to hide some of the first ever attempt at 18th century hair.

Hours to complete:

10 minutes

First worn:

today at Armageddon

Total cost:

Maybe $8?

I feel like it finished off the outfit nicely, although I have a calash I made last year it wasn't really suitable for an indoor event.  I think technically it was too small, but it was so cute I don't care!    I got stopped and asked for photo's by several people so I was pretty happy about that.

I should have taken a photo when I first put it on while I was still wearing the dress, but forgot as I was in too much of a rush.

0 comments:

Blog Archive