Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Organising.

I've been documenting my fabric stash into an Excel spreadsheet.   So far I'd say I've done about 80% of it.   There's still some in one 60L box, some more in a drawer, a few bits in my wire basket stacker and then there's the large sea chest in our room.
In case that wasn't enough I went to the new fabric shop (The Fabric Store) that opened on Thursday today.   30% off made it worth while and I only came out with 3 things; 2 of which I went looking for.
As a result I now have 1.5m of lovely linen gauze (blue), 8m of silk taffeta (salmon) and the item I hadn't been looking for is the goat pelt
Loveliness.
The linen is going to be a shirt for me, I used to have one I loved in a light yellow many years ago but it wore out.    That was a 1980's oversized one, so this one will be more fitted and it's a little more see-through so there will need to be careful choosing of bra colour but it will be nice to wear.
The silk is another 18th century gown, or will be eventually.  I want to redo the original as the fit wasn't quite right in the bodice (too long in the body and too wide in the neck).   If I change my mind I should have enough to go 19th century instead; will wait and see.
The goat which was the unplanned purchase is going to be a muff; it looks like faux fur, but it is definitely real and I am totally in love.

I've not got much done in the crafting side the last week or two; instead I've started the 30 Day Shred workout programme again to help with my fitness and the RSI.   I've also done some prep work and painting on the concrete structures at the end of our driveway; that was hard work and I'm still feeling tired a day after I finished.

I've sold enough yarn to pay for the fabric above and also a Majacraft Stylus kit for my wheel which was nice.  I'm getting the lace kit for Xmas and birthday so there will be laceweight and woollen spun in my future.  Neither will arrive for another week or two though.

Sewing: Nothing since the skirt but there will be more soon, if nothing else school wants me to do some for them
Weaving:  Also nothing since the scarf, I've got the yarn ready for the next project but can't warp up till I've finished cataloging my fabric.    I also need to finish the application for the new weaver's award.   That is pending me finding the original planning for my placemats which I know is in the studio somewhere......
Spinning:  Another 195m of yarn plied for the stockings, over half a bobbin filled leading towards finishing the Perendale.
Knitting:   Finished chart 3 of the test knit, having issues with the first section of the next chart, but I think I know what the issue might be so about to test that theory.
Isn't it pretty?  Almost up to the second ball

Second sock started in my Merino Possum yarn, loving it.  I think I will be using the double gusset heel in future; cups my arch so much better than anything else I've tried.
Apologies for the low light cellphone photo.

Have cast on a cowl, well, I've done the slip-knot.   The yarn is Noro Silk Mountain and I finally found a pattern that I think will suit the yarn; the 2-hour-artists-loop.  

Our garden is doing well, the corn is a foot high, eaten a few strawberries and the peas have been popular too.   Zuchinni not quite so happy, had to plant a third one as the second is trying to die.   Beans are in pause mode, but the spuds are up and looking good.
The corn is looking good, in the background are our lettuces which are going down a treat.
Tomorrow I'm hoping it's not quite so hot, want to do another workout and there's some sewing to do too I think.

4 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said... Best Blogger Tips

I thought that was a cat in the bag! I can't wait to see the muff...I had one as a kid...

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh I love that goat! So cool!

Once I get dinner out of the way, I'll be taking a look at the chart to see where I've gone wrong!

Kura Carpenter said... Best Blogger Tips

A fabric spreadsheet, that's organised! I keep thinking I could make a stash swatch book, but then it would be harder to deny I have too much

Alicia said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, those socks look incredibly cozy!

Blog Archive