Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 29, 2014

On Black Friday

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting a little tired of all the Black Friday adverts everywhere.   I admit I've taken advantage of a couple to get some Collete and Sewaholic patterns that I would otherwise have simply drooled over from afar, but for most things the shipping to NZ is still appalling.   The patterns are all PDF's so shipping didn't come into it, I might be playing a different tune though when I'm printing them out, running out of ink and sticking them all together.

As tempting as it is to buy yarn from overseas I've held firm.   There is some coming from the North Island but that's not for me, it's for eldest to learn to weave with on his new (to us) TekoTeko table loom.   I've got some merino/angora yarn on the way for that so his first project will be soft and wearable.   It's the beginning of my career in teaching weaving (I think it'll be a while before I'm good enough to teach anyone else, lol)

In order to help pay for this I've listed some yarn on Trademe and will soon be listing some of my books as well.

In crafting news I've finished a cowl aside from the buttons
The yarn is Noro Silk Mountain that's been in my stash for a long time.
 I think I have enough of this yarn left to make a hat in the same colour.   I have 2 other colours as well (Rose and Purple) but they may end up going as I've decided I don't like bulky yarn that much to work with.   12mm needles are not user friendly for me.

The socks I'm working on are up to the heel flap now and the test knit shawl I'm about to hit row 17 of 47 for the final body chart; I'm going to need more beads though I think.   I've got 1.5 tubes left and a lot of beading to go!

0 comments:

Blog Archive