Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 04, 2014

Unexpected Knitting

Tonight I haven't slept; instead I spent several hours in our emergency department getting something checked out.   Luckily all is well, and instead of sleep I got to listen to a lot of very unwell people and I got to knit a rainbow.
I had done about 2 rows on the ribbing when I left; now over halfway down the foot!
There were a couple of people who were very interested; probably a change for the doctors and nurses to the usual books and cellphones.    It also meant I didn't ask how long the wait would be, I just waited and knit instead.

Today was originally going to be spent working and sewing etc, but I think I'm just going to vege and look forward to an early night instead.   And no doubt later this week there will be a bill from the ambulance service to add to the taxi I took home, but I don't begrudge it.   I do feel they need more taxi's though; took a good 30 minutes for them to arrive from when I called and from what I saw on TV3 a little while back it's not due to them being too busy, but due to there being less taxi's on the roads since the earthquakes.    I suspect a lot stopped due to the horrible roads and the continuous bills to fix the cars after driving on them.


Sonya said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad to hear all is well, and hooray for rainbows!

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

I hope everything is okay! Rainbows always make me smile!

Truly Myrtle said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad to hear all is well - love the rainbow, thank goodness for knitting!

Blog Archive