Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Changing My Mind

A female's perogative according to old lore; however I think it's also a crafter's perogative which is why I've changed my plans for the Historical Sew Fortnightly pink challenge.   I was going to do slippers, but I can't verify how old the pattern is and I suspect it may be a little too young.   Instead I'm going to knit myself a cloche hat.
Specifically I'm going to knit the Chapeau Marnier which although it didn't originate in 1920 is based on the fashions then.
Snaffled from Ravelry
At the moment I'll be knitting it in pink sock wool, my other option was a silk and camel blend but that's slightly thicker than the pattern calls for.   It is however a nicer pink and is all natural, whereas the sock yarn has nylon in it which wasn't developed until 1935, so not historically correct.

1 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

That cloche is super cute - I love the thick ribbon

Blog Archive