Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Almost Finished!

My most challenging knit to date is the sheep cushion front I've been knitting using handspun (2 different weights).    If I ever do this again I'll use magic loop; the shorter needle with supposedly the right length is really hard on my hands.
I've got 8 rows and the cast off to go, if I pushed it I could finish it tonight, but I'd probably cripple myself in the process so instead I've stopped for tonight and will do some more tomorrow and the next couple of days.   I expect it to be finished knitting on the weekend at the latest.
Bad lighting photo of the almost finished item.
Once the border is completed the next step will be my first ever steek.  Not sure if it'll be a crochet or sewing machine steek yet.   I have done a steek allowance on it so either should be fine.    I've then got to find the perfect fabric to back it with, and hope the size is right for the cushion insert I have.

I've got some work done on my Hermione's Everyday Socks too.
Such a simple pattern, yet so effective.
The yarn for this will start to change colour on the foot I think; looking forward to that.  I'm using HappyGoKnitty's merino/silk blend sock yarn.   It feels a bit crunchy at this point, but I'm expecting it to soften once it's washed.   It's nice to knit, no splitting which I like.

Next thing will be to cast on for something new.   I was going to do a hat, but not sure if it'll get the wear as it's so close to spring; youngest wants more socks, Thomas wants slippers, but I'm seriously considering some colourwork socks for me.   Would be nice to do colourwork on magic loop, with fine yarn.  Neptune High is the pattern I'm going to use, in the same colours as the original which were part of a prize I won from Wandering Cat Yarns.   

I also want to cast on Aurora Australis which is a lovely crescent shawl; the designer gifted the pattern to me a while ago.   I have some red sock yarn that will be perfect for it.   I should also do some work on the jersey I have on the needles, which is currently sitting in my Ravelry projects as hibernating; would be a great spring jersey.

Tonight though I'm going to try and do a few more eyelets in my stays.

5 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

That pillow is going to look great.

Miriam said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow I can't even get my head around how you would knit that!

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

It's taken a while, would have been easier with commercial yarn, but because it's for the guild I wanted local wool, handspun by me. Colourwork is normally fun; this isn't quite so fun but there is a sense of accomplishment.

Katherine said... Best Blogger Tips

Such gorgeous sheep! I haven't knitted anything like this for many, many years. Love those socks too.

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you for the compliment. I've finished the knitting on the sheep now, hope to post tomorrow and then it's simply a matter of turning it into a cushion cover properly with zip and backing.

Blog Archive