Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hot, hot, hot!

I know we're nowhere near as hot as Australia's been getting, but 31 is plenty hot enough for me!

It was guild this morning and I got some spinning done to build on what I did last night, first 50g of this fibre is now spun and I'm dizzing the rest now.
50g Merino/Nylon from Wabi Sabi fibres in Wellington, colourway is Buttercup
It's not quite as smooth as I'm used to from Anna and Kate, but still nice to spin and should make lovely socks.

Next Saturday I won't be at the guild, instead I'll be at the Sydenham Community Centre on Hutcheson St (off Colombo) at the De-Clutter sale (10am till 3pm).  The idea of the sale is to fundraise for the Fibre and Textile Network which will in turn be promoting the guild.  We are supplying tea and coffee and baking and there will be tables for the individual guilds as well as one for the network.   The network's table raises funds for them (they have some lovely cards for sale), the guild tables raise funds for the guild running that table.   Come along and support us, if the weather is good there will be spinning outside, bring your wheel and a chair.   Parking is probably best on the old Sydenham School site across Brougham St.  As well as the Weavers and Spinners guild the Embroiderers will be there and 2 patchworking groups so come along, there should be some good stuff there.  I know there are a few wheels up for grabs, plus some fibre and yarn.

Was busy this afternoon after the guild, dropped in to get the last book for the boys for school and discovered the reason I couldn't find it was that school put down the wrong book number.   Annoying, but at least I have it all now, just have to sort and name it all this coming week.   That done and I headed into The Warehouse to get the boys some summer pj's.   Found what I wanted and they were on sale!    I got 3 pairs plus a t-shirt and a 4-pack of socks for just over $17!   That then meant I could afford some moisturiser for me, and the last minute bits for the roof of the boys hut.
We got most of the roofing done, everything is up there, including the building paper; all we have to do now is to nail it down which is a job for tomorrow, we're too tired now after all the sawing and nailing and quick trip to Mitre 10 just on closing time.  Looks good though and should be a great deal more waterproof than the old tarp over plywood arrangement.   Still have to do the front wall and block off a gap before it's done.   Need to get that all done before work starts back on Monday.


0 comments:

Blog Archive