Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Wet Day, Blogtoberfest

Been like this all day
Surface flooding is pretty common even on our side of town, hate to think what the eastern side is like.

I went to the guild for our meeting, did my wee presentation which went ok and I wasn't the only one.   There was some lovely work on display, especially Sonya's shawl which was amazing!   Some beautiful spinning as well.
This Merino/Silk bump might have come home with me, well, 2 bumps.   Both are the same base colour, one has the pink and the other doesn't.   A bit of a different choice for me.
 Before I can start this though I have to finish my current spinning which hasn't been touched for the last 2 weeks.

I got lots of knitting done on my basic sock, there was too much going on to concentrate on the shawl, I got about half an inch from the toe shaping, normally I'd have a further inch to go, but I'm trying a different toe this time which starts earlier.
Travelling sock
I got onto George's quilt when I got home and the middle is now all pieced and I've cut out the borders.
The grey bit on the edge is the border fabric.  Next step is to seam that together and then attach it, then the quilt top is finished.
Tomorrow is supposed to be boot camp, but it's going to be too wet out and to be honest I'm too tired.   Instead I think there'll be more quilting, knitting and maybe spinning.

4 comments:

Larissa said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow - you have so much going on - and it all looks fantastic! Love the little bumps of yarn too :)

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, about to get back to it today

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

The quilt is looking amazing! It's been rainy here too! And COLD!

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, just got the borders on it so the back is now to be pieced which I can't do while the lounge is in use; need more space! Onto the toe shaping for the sock now too, and did a couple of rows on the shawl which was good. The sun has finally deigned to visit, but I believe that's temporary. We actually lit the fire last night, that's how cold it was.

Blog Archive