Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Spinning a Yarn. Blogtoberfest

Didn't get a lot done today, aside from work.  Woke up at 1.30am with an upset middle and a bit of a temp.   Was a lot better by morning, but still not quite right so kept things fairly quiet.

Once my work was finished I did some spinning.  Filled three more bobbins with the black English Leicester.   It's mostly long-draw as the prep was very woollen, can't ply them now as they're too fresh, but they're a lovely chocolate brown
English Leicester singles, woollen spun
I'll probably use this for a blanket, I've got some white half-bred to spin which is also carded and should work well with this.   I'm thinking a striped blanket and will see if I have anything in a colour mid-way between the two.   I do have a lot of fibre running around.

I'm going to take a break from natural colours for a wee bit though and spin up this:
"Buttercup" Merino/Nylon from Wabi Sabi fibres which I picked up at the Wigram Open Day.
This is going to be spun to be socks, probably 2-ply for lace socks as I do have difficulty getting a fingering weight 3-ply.    There's also the fact that there are two 50g braids so it's already split in two.   I'm busy dizzing it right now so it's ready to go.
I'm also going to try really hard not to purchase any more fibre or fleeces so I can reduce my fibre stash, it's overflowed.

Tomorrow will be a bit of work, some chores (as always) and maybe some more knitting or quilting.    I'm going to be taking part in a mystery KAL, I had to order the yarn which wasn't planned as I didn't have anything suitable in laceweight, once it arrives in a few days I'll get beads.   I'm due to cast on for it on Thursday 1st November.
From the seller Sabine on Felt, not my normal colour choice but I think it'll look amazing.

0 comments:

Blog Archive