Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 07, 2012

October 7th, Blogtoberfest

What a lovely night last night!   My brother and his wife arrived on time and everything went well for us leaving.  We got there early, partly because I'd forgotten that it's easier to get a park in town nowadays so we had time for a quick wander around town.   The BNZ building is looking very short now and there are so many empty spaces; rather sad.    There was some nice stuff though, the container shopping area (Re-Start) is looking good, and at the end of it on Oxford Terrace we discovered some street art that was rather wonderful!    The most gorgeous eel done in red on the road surface, it's textured too so you feel it as you walk over it and the footpath around had textured art too in various shades.   If the weather is nice on Thursday I may take the boys in to take a look.

Dinner was delicious, we had an entree of scallops, I had the duck (very rich) and Thomas had the backstrap lamb, dessert was sorbet and a creme brulee with chocolate.  Expensive, but if we could afford it we'd definitely go back.  The waitress was lovely and commented on my knitting and asked what I was making.  At the end she asked if I'd finished and I had to say no, socks take a long time to knit!   I think I got about 4 rows done, but as I said it's what I do to fill waiting times without getting twitchy, lol.

Today didn't start so well, George wasn't well this morning gastro bug, he's feeling much better now.  He'll be staying home tomorrow though as one of the activities tomorrow is swimming and even if he's feeling ok he's not allowed in the pool for another 2 weeks after one of those episodes; that and I suspect he got it from there in the first place.  Ian'll still be going though as he's fine.

I got some quilting done today, all the spokes on the quilt are now pieced and I set up on the floor to pin it all together
Pretend the bits of carpet between blocks is charcoal Kona solids, which is what it will be.
I got a good reaction from George so that's good, I rather like it myself too!

Quick photo's of knitting and spinning progress over the last couple of days
Just one repeat of section 3 to go, looking good!

Fronts of Central Park Hoodie now onto main cable chart in the ribbing!

2nd bobbin of English Leicester singles, still a way to go on this.
And finally a picture of my crinoline which is currently hanging to get some of the crinkles out.
It might take a wee while, it was pretty crushed when I got it, but it's better than it was.

6 comments:

Debbie said... Best Blogger Tips

That quilt looks amazing! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Found you through Blogtoberfest and love your blog!

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Debbie, I think it'll look fantastic when it's done, a good birthday present for my eldest son.

DeAnna said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the quilt. It's going to turn out great! The color scheme is awesome. And spinning...I don't think I've ever seen that. Thanks for sharing.

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks DeAnna, hoping to get more done on the quilt and the spinning this weekend; it's a long weekend here in NZ and the weather isn't looking brilliant.

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, looks like you are into several fiber crafts too! Found you by way of Jan's Linky Post. So Happy I stumbled onto your blog. I look forward to receiving more of your posts.

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Definitely into several fibre crafts, they keep me sane. I've taken a look at your blog too, looks really interesting so I've started following you too.

Blog Archive