Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Midwinter Christmas Lunch

It was that day at the guild today and was a lovely get-together.  People I hadn't seen since the initial earthquake came and everyone brought lovely food.
I got some spinning done and might have used my spending money on some fibre.   Here's what I spun
Merino - feltable in a foresty colourway.  I'll Navajo ply this and make it into something for Thomas, it wouldn't suit my colouring, but he's a deep autumn so should look great on him.
When I got home the Healthaire serviceman was busy in the roof changing our filter and rejigging the system to run at its optimum.   We should start seeing less condensation again soon (in a few days), he's shifted the fan and updated the software by several steps.   We now have a "burnt toast" mode to swiftly expell those nasty smells.
Once he'd gone we got into the garden and cleared the creeping grass (couch) out of one section and then removed the old weedmat and replaced it with some of our old carpet.   1st step towards Thomas's new Japanese inspired garden, should look great when it's finished.

No sewing or knitting today, but I do have a to-do list which I'm going to put here:
1. Curtains - done
2. Quilted Ladder of Doom for each of the boys
3. Test-knit socks for Val
4. KAL for Mary Mary vest
5. Knit mohair cuffs
6. Finish Garnet Socks
7. George's Quilt
8. Polarfleece Vest for Thomas, take pattern from his old Telecom one
9.  Our quilt
10. Finish Central Park Hoodie (long term WIP)
11. Make Thomas another pair of socks
12. Finish my pink shawl, it's been on the first row for some time now.
13. Finish plain socks (this may end up being my travel project)

The order may change slightly, but it's at least a guideline and means I know what needs to be done.   The boys have chosen the fabric for their Ladders and I've got everything I need for them.    I have the yarn for the test-knit and it's caked up ready to go.   Yarn is chosen for Mary Mary and ready to go for the cuffs too.   Garnet socks will be my travel project for the meantime as they're fairly easy.  And of course there's still other stuff left like mending, work, housework (ugh).

0 comments:

Blog Archive