Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 28, 2011

a little craft helps immensley

Today was started off by a morning tea out at Waitaha special school with some other parents.  Was a nice morning, but the timing wasn't good considering Thomas' time constraints for his gaming and mine for cleaning the house.   I did get a few rows done on Thomas' socks though which was nice; thought about taking Dalhousie but as it's charted it needed a bit too much concentration.
Since getting back I've finished cleaning and tidying the lounge, got most of the dining room done and finished the main vacuuming.   I think there may still be some ceiling vacuuming to do tomorrow, but the light isn't good enough right now. 
I did get some knitting done while the boys were doing their gym session though; Dalhousie is 1/4 done for the second mitt now which is nice:
I also got my copy of Coastal Knits today; just as nice IRL as I hoped
I love it!   There are a couple of things I would never make, but quite a few that I would love to knit.  I think my favourite is the Gnarled Oak Cardigan; yummy!  I also rather like the wee shawlette on the front cover and Wildflower Cardigan.  The first cardi would be a good winter one, the second would be great for summer and it's in Madeline Tosh Pashmina (which I love).  I do have a $25 credit at The Loopy Ewe; hmmmmm.   Yes, I know I'm on a yarn diet, so I won't do anything just yet; especially as I have a bunch of small balls of yarn on their way for my beekeepers quilt.  I can drool though; I'm allowed to do that!

0 comments:

Blog Archive