Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Design time

I've only got 3 pattern repeats and the toe before I finish my handspun Merino/Silk socks so I'm planning for the next couple of projects.   I already have a hoodie on the needles so I need a pair of simple socks, a colourwork project and maybe one other thing.

The socks will be plain ones for Thomas in some Opal sock yarn I found the other day, it was going to be something else, but these are already balled and ready to go.   I'll also be casting on a pair of fingerless mitts for myself in Wandering Cat Yarns Jungle Cat in the Vampire colourway; I'm using her pattern Dalhousie.  My colourwork is also my design work.   It's going to be Ian's mittens for next winter.  He wants squirrels so I need to chart it up, although I already own a squirrel pattern I want to do this from scratch just like I did George's skull and crossbones.  I'll be using the smaller size of the pattern I'm working on as a base, though with some mods since George's version as the thumbs on his were rather too long.

I am wondering though, should I cast on a shawl as well?    Or maybe a cowl?   I'll have 4 WIP's once the above are on the needles which is more than I usually want, but sometimes I want to do something else

0 comments:

Blog Archive