Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day Four: 31st March. Where are they now?

2Whatever happened to your __________?
Write about the fate of a past knitting project. Whether it be something that you crocheted or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity.
There are a lot of different aspects to look at when looking back at a knitting project and it can make for interesting blogging, as much of the time we blog about items recently completed, new and freshly completed. It is not so often that we look back at what has happened to these items after they have been around for a while.
How has one of your past knits lived up to wear.
 This is the jersey I knit back when I still lived at my parents, before I met my husband or had children or bought a house.  It's a Thorobred Scheepswool pattern and I think I used the recommended yarn in a different colour (theirs is pink with an embroidered flower on it).
I still have this jersey and still wear it from time to time though it's no longer my favourite.   I love the deep waistband and sleeve ribbings, but it's not really quite long enough.  When I made it it was a fashionable length and shaping wasn't something that was around in knits; shoulder pads were though.    I'm glad I passed on that concept for this!
It does have a slightly capped sleeve which is nice and I still like that.  It's not pilled, shrunk (I have grown though) or stretched.  If the yarn was still available I'd seriously consider stocking up.  I still like the colour too, but nowadays I also like pink; which previously I hated.   Funny how things change as you get older.

For non-knitting related stuff:
I'm in the process of getting quotes for replacement washing machine and range; both have issues which started after the earthquake.  Main problem I have is working out how old the range is, it was here when we moved in 10 years ago; it doesn't have a model number on it so I'm waiting for something from Fisher and Paykel to give me an idea of age.  Washing machine isn't such a problem, I know how old that is as I bought it and still have the receipts.  A few other wee things need replacing too, my shoulder bag which was in a repair shop in town, they've told me to claim, 3 plates, a couple of glasses and a horse ornament which got separated from its base.  Can send it all off once I've got the quotes.

0 comments:

Blog Archive