Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Spring has definitely sprung!

The earth may still be dancing from time to time, but at the same time it's giving life to beautiful things like this
Isn't it gorgeous?  It's just outside our front door, so each time we go out there we get a lovely splash of fragrance as we go; much more pleasant than those ladies that stalk you at the malls with their bottles.
Last week also saw some work on the boys playhut by all of us (mostly Thomas).   It's now in position with 2 walls installed and a floor in progress; the boys love it and have now discovered they can use it to see next door.   I took several photo's but unfortunately there's not a single one with everyone's face showing.  This one George was hiding.
We need to get more timber to finish it, but I think it's going to be the boys Christmas present from us.  We need probably 2 or 3 more sheets of ply, some more decking timber (we used 25mm from memory) and something for the roof. 

On the knitting front, I've finished stage two of the Stormy Catamount and am now waiting for the next section to be posted on the blog so I can get on with it.  Here she is so far, bust increases done so just the yoke to go and then the sleeves.

I've almost finished my first Spiral Bound sock, but will post a picture once it's finished.  Still on the gusset for Bug Off socks (second one), but hopefully will get more done on that in the next day or so and will post pictures of that too.   I really need to get the cardigan and one pair of socks finished so I can cast on my Whisper cardigan for summer and of course my Bug Off mittens.

Boys are back at school, yay!  Work is also back and the aftershocks are much less now so all is going well.  Our guild is now without rooms though so I won't be going in each Saturday until we find new premises, hoping that'll be soon, although I do have things on for the next 3 Saturdays.  The boys will be home though. 
This Saturday is the sock classes with Morag from Vintage Purls, designing and pimping socks which will be brilliant.  The following Saturday is a bus trip to see some Perendale sheep and then the next weekend after that is the last organised thing.  A bunch of us crafty ladies are heading south for a retreat for the weekend.  Most will be sewing, Joanne and I will be spinning and knitting.  I'm also going to be teaching spinning, how cool is that?  Life is getting back to normal I think now for most of us, or at least a close approximation of it.  Unfortunately there are many buildings that have been damaged, some will never be fixed and indeed some have already come down.  Fingers crossed that the heritage ones can be saved and reinforced so this doesn't happen again.

0 comments:

Blog Archive